Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm Finally 30!

I turned 30 a little over a week ago. While Jeff believes that 30 is when the warranty runs out and 40 is when parts start falling off, I think 30 is a fantastic age and was more than ready to get here.

Jeff took the day off of work to be with me. So nice. Unfortunately, I had some emergency work that I had to do before I could play. Jeff was kind enough to help me and it made the work go by in just 2 hours.

Since the working thing took much of the morning and we had planned on an  early lunch anyway (to avoid the lunch rush), we just went to lunch 
after my work was done. Kokoro is my favorite restaurant and it was a great treat to be able to go there.

After lunch, Jeff and I returned home and he "gifted" me with a few hours of WoW play. We did well and even leveled our characters!


When Jordan was finished with his homework for the day, we got Little Caesar's and watched Lie  to Me. I love this show. After Jordan was done with dinner, he opted to leave us, as we intended to watch more episodes that we have saved. But before he left, I got to open my presents.

Jordan gave me a wonderful gift card for Amazon.com. I bought some great games with my  money, so I can still play games on Tuesdays when WoW is being updated. 




Aside from taking the day off to play, Jeff gave me another game to play, as well as some clothing I had asked for. He says he still owes me a carpet cleaning that I put on my wish list.


I was supposed to get some ice cream from Cold Stone for dessert, but didn't want to be too full after dinner, so I decided to put it off until the weekend. It was quite yummy, and since we went on a night when it was raining (in February?), there was no one else there. I love having stores to myself.

Jeff's parents came over a few days later and gave me some nice gifts as well. I got some more Red Vines (it didn't take me long to finish the Red Vines that Jordan gave me for Christmas), some neat gel pens, and a happily accepted gift card for Cold Stone. We used this when we finally got our treat over the weekend.

Our turtle, Luigi, gave me a great gift - his tank has been much easier to clean lately. Although last week he managed to snag a fish and didn't eat the whole thing. I had to clean that up and it wasn't pretty.
















Our cat, Smoky, was kind enough to let me take her picture without doing some annoying thing like investigating the camera. I normally end up taking a picture of her side, or worse, nothing but the floor. She sat and looked at the camera for me this time.

1 comment:

angela said...

I can't believe how grown-up Jordan is. I think that's the first picture of him I've seen in a while. Crazy. And again, happy birthday!